How to Write Your Letters
- Use the case sheets and sample letters to write twice on each case: write one letter to the government official listed and write one short note to the person in the case, to give them hope. It is most effective to write your letters by hand and personalize your message–consider adding a sentence about why you care about the case.
- Send your letters directly to the addresses listed on each case sheet.
- Report your letters so that they are added to the count.
If You are Hosting a Letter Writing Party
- Visit the Resources page for useful tools to make your party a success, including earning media attention.
- You can send all letters to the same address in one envelope (though sending letters individually is preferred).
- If you would like us to invite AIUSA members and other participants in your area to join you, fill in this form.
If You are an Educator
- We’re just about to launch our 2017 Educator’s Guide. Email Sara Schmidt if you’re interested in receiving it.